Sunday, September 21, 2014

9/21/2014 Reading Update

So, as of this week I have finished 2 books, both of which are below my reading level, but I've been meaning to finish for a while. The first is Hunted, which is book 2 of the Spirit Animals series.

Off topic here for a minute, don't you hate when you read the first book in a series and then accidentally buy the fifth book, or accidentally buy the second book in a series without reading the first book? Because then you're just so lost and you have no clue what's going on. What I also strongly dislike is when you are someone who has read like the first 10 books in a series and in every book the author has to review what happened in the last 10 books, so anyone who has already read those books has to slog through the pages where the author summarizes the previous books because they also explain what is and will happen in this book, so whenever you just think "I'm done with this.", the author puts in some dialogue, like "I think we should plan to ambush the evil duke's castle.", and then you get excited, and then they explain about the evil duke, and you're just like:




Anyway the second book I finished was book 3 of Grimmtastic Girls series (for some reason I LOVE fairy tales) and it's about Snow White.

Anyway the books used a lot of setting description and it was very cool to like be IN the books.Do you ever have those moments where when you read, you can't hear or be conscious of anything around you? Like you just get sucked into the book? I have those moments all the time in class and it always makes it really hard to pay attention, especially when you're reading a good book and all you can think about is OMG I cannot believe he just said that and then when you get to read all the people around you keep asking questions and you're just like:




I also rated a blog today (Jenna Cavanaugh) (I hope I spelled that right)


Here is my funny for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment