Sunday, December 7, 2014

Semester 1 Reflection

The independent reading I completed this semester consisted of the Heroes of Olympus series, the Jake Ransom series, the Vampire Academy series, and the Chloe King series among others. I read about 25 books so far and have a goal of 40 for the end of 2014. Most of my books that I read are in the fantasy genre, because that's one of my favorite genres. I am currently reading the Book Thief and book 4 of the Vampire Academy series. I also reread the Harry Potter series a second time.

My blog posts were good in quality by having compelling ideas, such as the idea of a connection between the reader and the blogger, like similar likes and dislikes. This also included writer's voice, which was strongly present in the blog. It also included links to websites connected to the current book, such as the link to J.K. Rowling's Pottermore website. The website included pictures that connected the reader and the blogger. Finally, the blog contained videos, such as trailers for movies with similar plot lines to certain books.

Three of the new goals for the 2nd semester blog are (1) focus more with blogging. This semester, the voice in my blog was mostly about language arts as a whole, not centered on specific ideas. The next goal is (2) to branch out more in reading, such as different genres like historical fiction or autobiographies. And finally, my last goal (3) is to read books at a higher reading level or just with tougher language. For example, Shakespeare or books at a college reading level.

No comments:

Post a Comment